How to Make Money as a Mystery Shopper
Depending on the demand for a mystery shopper in your area, you can expect to earn anywhere from $300 to $1000 a month in cash and freebies. If you want to be a mystery shopper, you need the service of the best available of all mystery shopping companies.
What is mystery shopping?
Mystery Shopping is a task, in which a hired person by top-level companies, visits a retail store, restaurant, bank branch or any such location with the objective of measuring the quality of customer experience. This information then allows companies to adjust training and award bonuses that help turn their service vision into reality. Good customer service benefits us all.
What does a mystery shopper do?
Anonymous “shoppers” pose as ordinary customers and evaluate the business based on service, cleanliness, food quality and other factors that the client may require. As a part-time Independent Contractor (not an employee), you would receive complete guidelines for each shop that you choose to accept. Average shop time is between 1 and 2 hours.
What are the benefits as a mystery shopper?
- Work anytime, anywhere
- Enjoy doing a job that’s fun and frolic
- You can get engaged in mystery shopping at any point in time
- You can make good money
- The task is sometimes very simple and easy to accomplish
- The scope for being a mystery shopper is vast as companies don’t repeat a shopper for the same job at the same place. Mystery Shopping companies always hire fresh faces, like you
- Receiving free products and/or services (on certain assignments).
- It takes just a few minutes to register as a mystery shopper and they’ll add you to their extensive database, ready for the right project to come along.
- Shoppers are paid once a month either by check, PayPal or direct deposit, for all approved shops completed in the prior calendar month.
What are the requirements for being a mystery shopper?
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a minimum of a high school education.
- You need excellent observational skills and must be very detail oriented.
- Most shops require a digital watch that displays seconds or a stopwatch for timing the store’s service.
- Access to a computer is required and high-speed access is highly recommended.
- A digital camera is necessary for higher paying audit-type assignments.
How to Avoid Mystery Shopping Scams?
Please be aware of the numerous amount of mystery shopping scams that are designed to trick applicants into sharing private information or even sending money as part of the application process. Here are some more helpful tips you must know to avoid mystery shopping scams:
- Only respond to genuine restaurants or retailers that are searching for mystery shoppers.
- Don’t respond to companies that are trying to recruit mystery shoppers by email or through classified advertisements.
- Do not pay for registration. No legitimate company will ask you to pay to become a mystery shopper.
- Never accept a mystery shopping assignment that requires you to wire money through services like Western Union or MoneyGram.
Where to Find Legitimate Mystery Shopping Companies?
We have a wide list of legitimate mystery shopping companies as per demographic location for your convenience, become a mystery shopper and earn money for the shop from today for Free!
Things Mystery Shopping Work will do for You
Balancing work and home life is hard, so it is important to be able to have that extra money. Mystery Shopping is an easy and convenient way to do that, plus you also join a great community of like-minded people.